Monday, May 19, 2008

Aged to Perfection

One thing I think I have failed to mention in the blog is the fact that Seth is 25. I'm 19. There has been mixed opinions among my friends if this is O.K. or not. When I first met him, I asked my best friend Kat "How old is too old for me?" She didn't know I had met someone new yet, but when I asked this she knew I did. She said as long as they are under 30 its fine. All the girls I'm friends with seem to think that me dating a 25 year old is totally fine, even a good thing.

But my guy friends were less enthused, especially one friend Jared. He's overprotective of me, and says 25 is WAYYYYY to old. 21 would probably be pushing it in his book. Which is crazy because when he was 18, he dated a 15 year old. Anyway Jared doesn't approve of our relationship, and he hasn't even met Seth yet.

Anyway, Seth came over to my house last night.(yay!! It had been a week since I saw him and was starting to really miss him!) He met my mom. Ahhhhh! I was not as excited for them to meet as he was. He didn't come over specifically to meet my parents so when he got there I was ready to leave and not have them meet. He wanted to.

After he left of course my mom started asking questions. One of the first ones being "How old is he." Surprisingly after I reluctantly told her, she was cool with it. I thought she would freak out for sure. Then she said he seemed really sweet and was cute. I hadn't said anything about Seth to my mom yet, because I thought she would care more about the age difference, so it feels kinda good that now she knows about him.

I personally enjoy dating older. Seth has a full time job, and has already experienced the college life, so he is more ready to have an actual relationship than most college guys. But at the same time he still lives in a college town, and like to go to parties and bars on the weekends. Plus, I get to make fun of him for being a senior citizen, and ask him if we need to go deposit his social security check. Ha.

No comments: